Friday, November 19th, 2100GMT

At morning formation we found out that SoS Gibbons was retiring. He served for three and a half years. I didn’t really know the guy too well. Never really saw him out of his office much. No one announced who his replacement would be. I would assume PS Davis since he is the only PS for the only platoon we have right now. Davis is a good leader and I’d follow him to take on anything if he ordered.

Trainees will begin shadowing us tomorrow. I still can’t believe that almost two months ago I was in their position. It hasn’t been that long, but it feels like a year has passed. I wouldn’t have believed six months ago if you told me that I would be shot and gassed. Then again being shot is in no way as painful as a broken rib. I see the doc on Monday morning before work to try and get my RTRD (Return To Regular Duty).

There was some good news from the final formation at the end of the day. Yuri has been promoted to LRS and Park promoted to FTL. So fire team Alpha is now:

FTL Park
LRS Yuri
CQS Gregory (Geoff)

I’m not sure which team I’ll be assigned to. Some more good news is that as soon as these trainees get certified Geoff and I will be moved to open LRS slots!

Once again we have an MIA. This time it is SM Svoktiv (Marie). I know she didn’t abandon her job; her work ethic is way too good for that. She had to have been kidnapped. Who could capture that crazy Russian without losing a few of their own guys? I’m really worried.

No comments:

Post a Comment