Thursday, October 21st, 2310GMT

The fast ropes are complete.

I felt nervous before my first test, but the ropes worked like a charm. It was actually kind of fun to test each rope system a few times apiece. Each person was assigned a pair of heavy gloves so they won’t burn their hands on the way down. I spent the day teaching each squad the proper entry/transport/exit techniques. One guy forgot to put on his gloves...

During final formation we were told that the magazine office had been hit bad and lost four ‘people’. We seem to be getting picked off slowly. I really hope HQ has some trainees coming in soon. I learned a little bit later that they only use the term ‘people’ when a woman or women had been killed so as to not dishonor them by calling them ‘guys’.

No comments:

Post a Comment